AUSTRALIA TOUR 2018
June 11-25, 2018
Help send a choir member to Australia! Your tax-deductible gift of any amount is appreciated.
Join The Choir of St. James
for a choral tour to Australia
- Multi-city tour includes Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
- The Choir of St. James’ will sing a concert and/or Evensong at prominent cathedral and church venues in each city
- Choir Companions tour includes:
- Return airfare from Los Angeles, and all internal flights in Australia
- All ground transportation by luxury air-conditioned motorcoach
- Superior hotel accommodation in each city (including breakfast)
- Dedicated tour guide services and sightseeing day trips in each city
- Price starts for the land/air package at $5495 per person (based on shared room.) Land only package, which includes all of the above with the exception of flights, is $3595. Additional levels of travel and accommodation available for supplement. See below for the itinerary and payment details.
Subject to change. This webpage will be updated as more details become available.
June 11 – 12
Overnight flight to Melbourne
Situated at the head of Port Phillip and centered on the north bank of the Yarra River, Melbourne has a population of over three million. A journey through the precicnts of the city is a journey through the cultures of the world. Excursion by coach to Healesville Sanctuary (entrance included), you will enjoy close encounters with Australia’s quintessential native animals.
Guided tour of Parliament House, St. Patrick’s and St. Paul’s Cathedrals, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Flinders St Station, the Shrine of Remembrance, Queen Victoria Market, concluding with a visit to the Penguin Parade on Phillip Island.
Coach transfer to the Art Precinct to expolre theatres, Art Galleris and Southbank, with entrance to Eureka Tower for stunning views of the city. Leisure afternoon allows for free sightseeing activities such as the Royal Botanical Gardens, Federation Square, the Ian Potter Centre for Aboriginal Art and the Koorie Heritage Trust and more.
June 16 & 17
Leisure days for more exploration concluding with performances of the Choir of St. James’ in concert and Evensong at St. Paul's Anglican Cathedral and Trinity Chapel of Trinity University.
Coach transport to airport for a flight to Sydney, the birthplace of the nation and Australia’s best-known city that is home to four million people. This thriving harbour-side metropolis is renowned for its great beauty, its world famous buildings and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Modern city buildings contrast with the beautiful structures of Sydney’s past.
Sight-seeing tour includes Bondi Beach, Hyde Park, the Royal Botanical Gardens, Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair and Farm Cove, Sydney Opera House (entrance included) followed by independent lunch in Sydney Harbour. The afternoon is free for you to explore the many Art Galleries, Museums and shopping districts.
Leisure days with plenty of opportunities for leisure exploration, including a noon concert and an evening service of Evensong by the Choir of St. James’ at St. James' Church, King Street.
Arrival at Brisbane, Australia’s third largest city, founded in 1824 as a convict settlement and opened to free settlement in 1842. The Brisbane River meanders through the suburbs and the city into Moreton Bay, which is dotted with beautiful tropical islands. The atmosphere of the city is relaxed, without the bustle of the two southern cities just visited. Brisbane boasts a modern transport system, a wide selection of international cuisine, arts and entertainment, and beautiful parks and gardens which thrive in the tropical climate.
Walking tour of Brisbane City including travel by the City Hopper Ferries ending with a concert by the Choir of St. James' at St. Stephen's Roman Catholic Cathedral.
Excursion by coach to Mooloolaba and its famous Aquarium (entrance included). The Choir of St. James’ sings their final Evensong of the tour this evening at St. John's Anglican Cathedral, followed by a farewell dinner (included).
Transport to the Brisbane Airport for the return flight to Los Angeles (or customized destination).
(Rates in US Dollars)
Tour Cost per Person: $5,495.00
Land only tour cost: $3,595.00
Single room supplement: $1,098.00
Costs are based on a minimum of 20 travelers and the inclusions listed below.
Deposit of $1,000.00 Sep 1, 2017
With Reservation Form (forms available in mid June 2017)
1st payment (1/2 balance due) Nov 1, 2017
2nd payment (final balance) Jan 1, 2018
Payments should be made by check payable to
Great Music at St. James’
3903 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Credit card payments can be made in person at the church (by appointment) but will include an additional 3% fee. Please email the Director of Music, James Buonemani, to schedule an appointment for credit card charges: JBuonemani@stjla.org
The following cancellation penalties apply if you cancel your participation prior to departure:
After deposit date: $500.00 non-refundable
After Nov 1, 2017: $2,000.00 non-refundable
After Jan 1, 2018: Full tour cost non-refundable
We recommend that you purchase travel insurance. ACFEA Tours are pleased to assist you with purchasing an optional travel insurance policy through TRAVELGUARD.COM.
Please contact ACFEA agent Jefferson Packer at firstname.lastname@example.org (telephone: 800-886-2055). If you prefer, you can purchase a policy through another company of your choice.
This price includes the following:
- 12 nights of accommodation in superior tourist class hotels, sharing twin rooms with private facilities
- Breakfast daily plus 2 dinners
- Guided tour of Sydney Opera House
- Paid entrances to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Mooloolaba Aquarium, Healesville Sanctuary, Phillip Island Penguin Parade, and Eureka Tower
- Ferry transfer from Manly to Sydney
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned motorcoaches throughout the land portion of the tour
- The services of one ACFEA courier per motorcoach throughout the land portion of the tour
- Air transportation by scheduled carrier from Los Angeles to Melbourne, from Melbourne to Sydney, from Sydney to Brisbane, and returning to Los Angeles from Brisbane, based on a shoulder season, midweek departure and return. (Possibility of adding on connecting flights from other US gateways for an additional cost. For other customized options, please contact ACFEA.)
- Pre-departure briefing and assistance at airport check-in for the group by ACFEA staff
- Password admittance to Tour Central, ACFEA’s customized tour management web site
- All taxes, tips and service charges normally payable for services included above, except discretionary tips to drivers, guides and couriers
- Passport and visa fees, if applicable (ETAs for US citizens will be processed at no additional cost)
- Beverages other than coffee and tea with breakfast, and water with dinner
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance, which is highly recommended; brochures will be made available.
- Checked baggage fees, if applicable
Please visit http://stjla.org/tour/ for more information and a sample itinerary of the tour. This webpage will be updated through the summer of 2017 as more details become available.