Update on Service Changes
Happy New Year! We hope you are enjoying a safe and festive holiday. Please know that we are thinking about you.
After careful consideration we have made the following adjustments and plans for the month of January:
- As of now, due to the continued rising surge of the Omicron variant, we have asked the choir to stay home for their own safety and others. This month’s Evensong service scheduled for January 9 will be cancelled, and an appointed cantor will lead Sunday 10:45am services. We plan to resume Evensong for the month of February.
- This month’s Classical Sundays at Six series and International Laureates Organ Series concerts will continue as planned with reduced seating capacity.
- Starting this Sunday, we will will forego congregational hymns and singing for the month of January. We will reassess at the end of the month.
- We encourage you to consider watching the livestream instead of traveling to church. If you do choose to attend please be fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible).
Please be reminded of these continued precautions that we’ll be taking at all services:
- Every other pew will be available for seating – for those sharing a pew with people outside of your household, kindly allow six feet of distance between you and the members of the other household
- Masks will be required while on campus (both inside the church as well as outside in the courtyard and in the parking lot) Remember your mask needs to fully cover your mouth AND your nose.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available both as you enter the church as well as before coming up to receive Communion
- We will not be passing the plate, but instead will have an alms basin available as you come up to receive Communion
- Please join us on the live stream if you are not feeling well, have traveled in the last seven days, or if you have people staying with you who have traveled within the last seven days
- All clergy and musicians have been fully vaccinated, boosted (if eligible), and have recently received a negative COVID test result.
Jon+ Kate+ John+